Uni Research is one of the largest R&D institutions in Norway with more than 500 highly-qualified staff from over 30 different nations. The company has an annual turnover of NOK 430 million and comprises nine specialist departments. Uni Research carries out R&D in the fields of health, language and information technology, marine molecular biology, the environment, climate, petroleum, culture and social sciences.
Uni Research includes the following departments:
Uni Research is the University of Bergen’s (UiB) strategic research partner and carries out research projects in all the university’s discipline areas. Uni Research has advanced scientific equipment and modern laboratory facilities in collaboration with UiB. Around 100 PhD students and post. docs from UiB work on research projects in Uni Research. The company is owned by the University of Bergen and operates on a non-profit basis.
Uni Research wants to:
- To carry out high quality research relevant to the community
- To develop research competence of an international standard
- To foster research talents
- To disseminate results of research to users and the general public
- To highlight Bergen’s overall research competence