Everything is connected to everything, and everything is much more important now than ever before.
This main theme at this year's conference is "Dilemmas of our time”. How can the government and the energy industry weigh conflicting goals, so that a good balance between different interests can be achieved? Key players, including the Minister of Petroleum and Energy, will address the conference. Different views from the industry and various interest groups will be exchanged in an extensive introductory debate.
Eight parallel sessions will give you in-depth information about various subjects, varying from "Energy and climate goals”, to "The future of the national grid”.
The official conference language is Norwegian, but the parallel session: "Pan-European or Nordic? Towards the Internal Energy Market” will be conducted in English.
More information (in Norwegian only)
The many dilemmas the actors in the energy markets face are the common thread in this year's conference. The subject will be addressed in both the main session and the parallel sessions.
We intend to ask the following questions:
- Should power production be centralized or decentralized?
- Small or large scale producers?
- How can the regulation of the national grid be improved?
- New power lines or beautiful vistas?
- Nordic or European perspective when the electricity market is developed?
- More power from existing power plants or more water in the rivers?
- Do we have to give up privacy and security when installing smart meters?
- Do we reach the 2020 targets, and at what price?
- Should Europe set new goals for renewable production in 2030, or leave everything to the market?
- What is acceptable security of supply, and what does it cost?
Thursday 17 October
Registration: 09.00 – 10.00
Main session: 10.00 – 12.00
Lunch 12.00 – 13-00
Parallell sessions 13.00 – 16.30
Aperitif 18.15 – 19.00
Conference dinner 19.00 -
Parallell sessions: 09.00 – 12.30
Registration (Norwegian only)
For further information, please contact Kristin Velund, tel 922 29335, e-mail: email@example.com
Welcome to Holmenkollen Park Hotel 17 and 18 October!