The EU Joint Programme - Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is an innovative, collaborative research initiative established to tackle the mounting challenges posed by ND. It aims to enhance the impact of research by aligning and building upon existing national programmes and identifying common goals that would benefit from joint action. This Research Strategy provides a framework for future investment and addresses how the European research effort can most effectively be harnessed to improve prevention, diagnosis, treatment and patient care for these debilitating conditions.
Five Thematic Priorities for future research have been identified:
- The origins of neurodegenerative disease
- Disease mechanisms and models
- Disease definitions and diagnosis
- Developing therapies, preventive strategies and interventions
- Healthcare and social care
For more informations follow this link to the JPND Strategic Research Agenda.