Surveyor`s Day 2013 was successfully held in Bergen & Voss 23rd and 24th October.
A good technical surveyor issuing a good report is of fundamental importance for a good adjustment and benefitting both owners and underwriters. Therefore, the Surveyor's Day is considered an important event for Gard and NHC, their claims handlers and adjusters as well as for the surveyors. A record high participation of 46 surveyors from 22 different countries met for this year's social, cultural and educational event.
The technical audience listened carefully and participated eagerly with presentations covering:
- liquefaction of mineral ore cargoes
- replacement and splicing of electrical cables following fire & flooding damages
- the danger of power operated watertight doors
- the importance of proper follow up of loss of hire claims
- an interesting case study covering both HM and LOH with healthy discussions on what a
good survey report should cover
- will the Nordic plan of 2013 will have any impact for the surveyor's work
- repair of crank shafts by heat treatment
- emerging casualty trends and - not the least
- an important section on bribery legislations following the UK Bribery Act
If you would like to read more, please visit the Norwegian Hull Club website here.