The country regional initiative should:
- Increase creation of value in the business sector through
competent partners for industry.
- Strengthen research and educational environments as relevant and
research-based innovation through strategic collaboration between
- Strengthen the relationship between regional and national efforts for
the Research Council and counties
The main objectives are achieved through three pillars:
1. Mobilization of the business community for research-based innovation
2. Lift capacity to strengthen expertise and research services for the
3. Knowledge and dialogue on regional efforts with research-based innovation
The initiative is continuing efforts to use the whole country's knowledge
infrastructure and resource base.
The initiative strengthens the relationship between the regional, national and
international efforts for research-based innovation. This helps to increase
value creation, competitiveness and adaptability. It is each region unique
opportunities and challenges that underlie the regional effort. The main
target group is companies that innovate based on experience and can
upgrade their innovation through the use of research and research-based
methods. The Counties are the Research Council partners in the program
and responsible for mobilization activities (Pillar 1).
Counties prioritize efforts based on regional research and development strategies.
Research and education have key roles within Capacity Lift (Pillar 2).
Work in Pillar 3 should strengthen counties as community, in cooperation with the
regional partnerships and strengthen cooperation between the Research