Just the Best for our Customers
For us at Ellingsen NOR Instruments it is our goal that our customers get just the best. For us this means to inform our customers regularly about latest technical developments and keep a close contact. Therefore we had an open house with seminars about process control and product exhibition on 1st of September 2011. 87 customers came from whole Norway and met our team and representatives from 9 of our world class suppliers. The general impression was very good and the customers said that they were very satisfied with this event, which has to be repeated.
Seminars about Process Control
The whole day was dedicated to process control and the seminars reflect the variety of this field:
- Bursting disks: BS&B
- Safety valves: Maria Scotti, AST
- Double block and bleed valves from Parker Hannifin: Morten Ree, Ellingsen NOR Instruments
- Control valves and valve diagnostics: Martin Humphreys, Flowserve Valtek
- OPD a combination of filter regulation and fast closing valves: James Kingham, Midland-ACS
- Fail-Safe actuator and Integrated monitoring valve systems: Ellingsen NOR Instruments
- ON/OFF valves: Jan Elling Hellvig from Ellingsen NOR Instruments
- Dimensioning of valve acutators: Carlo Savini, Biffi Italia
- Control panels:
In addition we offered a hands-on demonstration for actuation of valves and control panels in our workshop with Jonny Randen. The participants obviously enjoyed touching and scrutinizing of the valves and control panels, as seen on the picture.
After the lunch break Anne-Grete Ellingsen referred about renewable energy and the investments and technological developments we are expecting the next years.
Inspiration and Socialising
The event was closed by an inspiring talk from Jon Gangdal, an experienced Himalaya mountaineer and good friend of Morten Gyllensten: "Imagining it, wishing it, wanting it - but doing it...?"
The event was completed at 17:00 by a get-together with wine, beer and tapas, where contacts and experiences were exchanged and networks built.
In the light of the positive feedback from customers, suppliers and employees we are looking foward to the next open house.
"Thanks for a Great Day!"
Here some comments from guests:
- "I think everything was perfect!"
- "Thanks for a phantastic and informative seminar. Meeting you and your company in person I realized what a fine supplier we have and how highly skilled Ellingsen NOR Instruments is."
- "It is difficult to improve an almost perfect day. But you could organize periodic events with less suppliers and more detailed seminars. The topic would change evey other year."
- "I experienced a very well planned event, the only comment would be to have more chairs available."