The project includes:
- 275kV Transmission Line Ressano Garcia – Macia (143km); including modifications to Ressano Garcia substation and new 275/110 kV Macia substation with 1x250MVA, 275/110/33 kV transformer.
- 110kV transmission line Lindela – Massinga (110km), modifications to Lindela substation; new 110/33kV Massinga substation with a 16MVA 110/33kV transformer; 33kV line Massinga-Maxixe (70km).
- Rural electrification in Homoine and Morumbene districts (46km 33kV line and LV network).
- Extension of Maputo substation – installation of 1x400MVA, 400/275kV transformer & associated equipment.
- Reinforcement of 4 substations [(Chimuara 1x16MVA & 1x40MVA),(Quelimane 1x50/50/20MVA), Alto Molocue 1x100/100/33MVA), (Nampula 1x50 MVA)] in North region of Mozambique.
• Power Supply to Beloluane Industrial Park (2x120MVA transformers & associated equipment, implemented as extension to Maputo substation).
The project was divided into two phases:
- Phase 1 - Production of Design Report, Technical Specifications and Tender Documents including ESIA; Contract negotiations and award
- Phase 2 - Construction Supervision and Project Management.
The project is structured in Packages: Main Package, Optional Package 1, Optional Package 2, and Optional Package 3. This allows for a stage activation of subsequent works which in turn allows a performance audit at various level before the next optional package is activated.
- Line route survey and environmental impact assessment
- Cost Estimates
- Conceptual design and technical specifications
- Tender documents, tender evaluation and contract negotiations
- Design approval
- Construction supervision and project management
Client: Electricidade de Moçambique (EdM)