The PETROMAKS 2 programme will promote knowledge creation and industrial development to enhance value creation for society by ensuring the development and optimal management of Norwegian petroleum resources within an environmentally sustainable framework.
The programme will provide support for both basic research and applied research to generate new expertise and innovations that will lead to:
• Reduction of the environmental impact and level of risk related to petroleum activities on the Norwegian continental shelf;
• Higher recovery rates from new and existing fields;
• More discoveries of oil and gas;
• More environmentally sound and cost-effective drilling and well technology;
• Cost-effective and energy-efficient production solutions for the Norwegian continental shelf;
• Improved solutions in the area of health, safety and the work environment;
• Enhanced petroleum-related industrial development in Norway and abroad;
• Competence-building and recruitment adapted to the needs of society and the industry.
The programme will support research and technology development for enhancing recovery from fields in production, exploration in immature areas, raising energy efficiency, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions and emissions to the sea.