PETROMAKS focuses on basic and applied research and technological development. An active, growing industrial cluster is needed to maintain the petroleum sector at a sustainable level
Call for proposals from PETROMAKS, a research programme in the Research Council of Norway
Invitation to compete for project funding with deadline October 10th 2007.
PETROMAKS focuses on basic and applied research and technological development. An active, growing industrial cluster is needed to maintain the petroleum sector at a sustainable level. The supply and service industry are given special attention since globalization and worldwide participation are vital to maintaining Norway’s leading position.
Support from the PETROMAKS programme therefore involves forging alliances, creating networks, and facilitating different types of cooperation with the world’s foremost science and technology institutions.
This is a call for proposals for funding for R&D projects with start-up in 2008
- Deadline: October 10th 2007, 6:00 pm.
- Earliest permitted project start: January 1st 2008.
- Amount of funding presumed available for this call for proposals: NOK 20-25 million will be available for new projects in 2008.
Grant applications will be accepted for projects within the following thematic areas:
· Environmental technology for the future
· Exploration technology and reservoir characteristics
· Cost-effective drilling and intervention
· Underwater production technology
· Gas technology
· Health, safety and environment (HSE)
Under the thematic area of Production technology, the call for proposals is limited to challenges related to ice/icing and materials-related challenges in connection with the expansion of oil and gas fields in the northern areas. Under the thematic area of Health, safety and environment, the call for proposals is limited to two topics: "the effects of work schedule schemes" and "chemical exposure".
For more information and the application form, go to the PETROMAKS website www.petromaks.no