Abstracts should be submitted by 14 October 2016. Please use the online form to submit your abstract.
Notification to authors of accepted abstracts will be given by 18 November, together with an invitation to develop a poster to be presented at the conference.
An award will be given to best poster presented at the conference.
Note that it is mandatory for all GLOBVAC funded projects to present posters. Abstracts from these projects will be given preference in the selection process.
GLOBVAC funded projects are expected to cover all costs related to travel and accommodation for poster presenters that are part of the project team.
Travel and accommodation will be covered for up to 10 poster presenters from LLMICs that are not part of GLOBVAC funded projects. The programme committee decides who to support based on the quality and relevance of the poster abstracts
Poster abstract guidelines
The posters can be on any subject of relevance to global health research, but of particular interest are abstracts related to this years’ theme which is "Ensuring healthy lives for all?"
Please follow this link to read the concept note for the GLOBVAC conference 2017.
Research on global health aims at improving health and health care for marginalized populations in low- and middle income countries. This includes epidemiological studies, the development and evaluation of new methods for prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care, more efficient and equitable use of existing methods as well as innovation, implementation, and health systems and health policy research. Students, researchers and health practitioners are invited to submit an abstract.
The following specific guidelines apply:
1) The abstract should be a maximum of 300 words and written in English
2) A concise and informative title should be given
3) The abstract should follow this structure: 1) Objective, 2) Methods, 3) Results, 4) Conclusion
4) The names of all relevant co-authors with institutional affiliations should be included
5) The name of the person who will present the poster at the conference should be underlined
6) The language of the abstract and the poster should be carefully revised
Please follow this link for
an abstract example in the correct form.
(PDF - 149 KB)