Do you know someone who deserves the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate’s prize for improved oil recovery for 2014 – the IOR prize?
The IOR prize is a recognition of creativity, steadfastness and willingness to take risk when it comes to using methods and technology that could improve recovery beyond what can be expected with existing plans and methods.
Send suggested candidates – with a short description and contact person –to IOR-Award@npd.no. The deadline to nominate candidates is 1 May.
The 2014 IOR prize will be awarded during ONS in Stavanger in August.
The prize recipient will have the opportunity to present themselves during ONS and the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate will present IOR goals and challenges.
The NPD’s IOR prize was awarded for the first time in 1998. The IOR prize has been awarded each year except for in 2002 and in 2008, when the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate unfortunately found no worthy candidates.
Terms and conditions for the prize
- The prize is awarded to production licences, companies, projects or individuals that have contributed to improved oil recovery on the Norwegian shelf through innovative work.
- The prize is awarded for bold actions such as:
- implementing new technology
- applying established technology in new ways
- innovative work methods/processes
- considerable efforts in realising the value potential in improved recovery
- The prize is awarded for measures where an implementation decision has been made
- The prize is awarded if there are worthy candidates