The EURES Portal will go through a makeover in early 2014: it will have a new "CV Online" application, improved search functions, a new look and feel, and be more user-friendly. EURES’ aim is to make it even easier for jobseekers and employers to find each other.
New look and feel
The EURES Portal will have a new look and feel, making it more attractive and user-friendly. Don’t worry, you’ll still recognise the old EURES Portal, but it will just have a more modern look, making it easier to navigate and find the information you need.
The CV Online application is getting a complete makeover.
- Jobseekers will be able to use easy-to-select keywords to describe their skills and previous employment, making it easier for employers to find them.
- Employers will be able to find jobseekers’ CVs regardless of the language they have used. With improved performance, the CV search function will be faster, more accurate, and simpler to use.
New job search functions
The search functions will be updated, and will be simpler and faster than before. By just entering a keyword and a location, you will find multi-lingual results for any country or region where you wish to work. Using a more intelligent search engine, EURES will provide the best matching vacancies for your criteria.
Skills passport application
- The Sectoral skills passport application will mean it will be easier for employers to see what skills you have in a specific sector, including where and how you learnt them. The first two sectors online will be hospitality and tourism.
- Employers will be able to search for candidates on EURES using the keywords used in skills passport. For their skills passport, jobseekers can get endorsed by employers or through a certificate or document.
In the process of launching the new Portal, please note that some user accounts won’t be automatically transferred, for example:
- If you haven’t signed into an account for two years, it will be deleted. So please sign in as soon as possible if you would like to keep it!
- If you have two (or more) accounts under one email address and wish to keep them both, you will need to change the email address of one of them, otherwise only the most recent will be kept.
EURES will contact you again soon with further information about the new website. In the meantime, there are a few things you need to know:
- During the change-over you will not be able to log on for a few days, but you will be informed by email as soon as the new Portal is launched and ready for use.
- For jobseekers, once you log on to the new Portal, EURES will provide you with a "CV import wizard" in order to re-publish your CV using the new improved format (or you can create a new one from scratch if you prefer). Be aware that you need to re-publish your CV on the new website to make it visible to employers.
- For employers, be aware that all CVs will be unpublished when the new Portal is launched, so you will not be able to find all candidates immediately. These will come available again once jobseekers have republished their CV.
- Take the opportunity to update your EURES CV now!
- Hear about the latest news and events by joining EURES on Facebook or on Twitter
Expand your connections and join EURES on LinkedIn