Kongsberg Maritime Engineering AS (KME) is specialized within the areas of Electrical, Instrumentation and Telecom engineering. As well as being a system integrator, KME is a contracting company taking full responsibility for Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) deliveries of Automation, Control, Electro and Telecom (ACET) packages to the marine and offshore industry world-wide. KME is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime AS and is located close to Torp Airport, Sandefjord.Are you looking for new challenges and opportunities?
To support our international business expansion, we have open position for:Senior Engineer, Instrumentation/Safety
KME is looking for a highly motivated, ambitious and hardworking candidate to strengthen our Instrumentation/Safety department, especially within the scope of safety system engineering. The candidate has hands on experience with safety systems and practical field experience is highly desired.
The right candidate is graduated engineer and has minimum 5 years of experience within electro-automation area in the marine and offshore industry.
The position reports to Manager, Instrumentation/Safety.
This position requires approx. 30 - 100 travel days a year in Europe, Asia and Middle EastCompetence:
• Bachelor/Master or similar
• Solid experience on ESD and F&G systems within offshore industry is a requirement
• Relevant practical industry experience
• International experience
• Good presentation in verbal and written English. Scandinavian language skills are an advantage
• IT skills: AutoCAD, Microsoft and experience from engineering tools
• Good knowledge of class and IMO requirements Work description:
• Package responsible for ESD and F&G systems in EPC projects
• Participating in the tender process, creating tender specifications and CTRs
• Responsible for preparing ESD and F&G Philosophies
• Responsible for preparing ESD and F&G Specifications
• Responsible for preparing ESD and F&G Cause and Effect Charts
• Design and prepare documentation for ESD and F&G system packages during Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC)
• Follow up sub suppliers, factories and deliveries to sites
• Participate during FAT and commissioning on sitePreferred knowledge/experience:
• ESD shutdown hierarchies
• F&G detector layouts
• ESD equipment layouts
• Fire Zone definitions
• Main and secondary Escape routes
• SIL requirements
• Hazardous area classifications
• Consequences of ventilation shutdowns in enclosed areas
• Active fire protection systems (Fire pumps, Deluge, Sprinkler, CO2, Foam etc.)
• Safety I/O ListPersonal characteristics:
• Business attitude, commercial awareness
• Self-motivated and able to motivate team members
• Able to cooperate and delegate
• Quality oriented
• Positive and pro-active
We are offering a positive working environment and an organization with ambitious plans for growth. With KME you will find opportunities for continuous technical development in projects integrating Kongsberg Maritimes world-class products as well as 3rd party products in exciting domestic and international EPC-(Engineering Procurement Construction) projects.
Highly motivated candidates with these qualities are hereby invited to make contact with us.WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication.
Johann Martinussen, , mob: 47 92 20 19 74
Online application form: [Click here]