Senior Engineer, Electrical for lead in projects (KME-15/01) Kongsberg Maritime Engineering AS (KME) is specialized within the areas of Electrical, Instrumentation and Telecom engineering. As well as being a system integrator, KME is a contracting company taking full responsibility for Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) deliveries of Automation, Control, Electro and Telecom (ACET) packages to the marine and offshore industry world-wide. KME is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime AS and is located close to Torp Airport, Sandefjord.Are you looking for new challenges and opportunities?
To support our international business expansion, we have open position for:Senior Engineer, Electrical for lead in projects
KME is looking for a highly motivated, ambitious and hardworking candidate for our Electro-technical group.
The right candidate is Bachelor/Master engineer and has minimum 6 years of experience within electro from industry, maritime and offshore installation.
The position reports to Manager, Electrical.
This position requires some traveling activities a year in Asia and in Europe.Competence:
The candidate should have god understanding and preferably experience from:
• Marine and offshore industry
• Power calculations related to standards (IEC60909 and IEC60363)
• Switchgear MV and LV (on board vessels and offshore installations)
• Variable speed drives (thruster systems, drilling drives systems)
• MV and LV transformers
• UPS systems
• Power generator system
• Rules, internationals standards and requirement from classification society
• Bachelor or University degree in Electrical / Power System Engineering (i.e. MCS or BCS)
• IT skills: Design tools (e.g. AutoCad, Eplan), ETAP, EDSA and general Microsoft Office programs
• Good presentation in verbal and written English. Scandinavian language skills are an advantageMain tasks:
Responsible lead engineer in projects for the power system:
• Perform designing and follow up the power system packages during Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC)
• Follow up sub suppliers, factories and deliveries to sites
• Following up power calculations according to selection of equipment
• Prepare documentation according to KME execution model, customers’ requirements, rules, internationals standards and requirement from classification society (Power system philosophy, single line diagram, electrical load list, power profiles, datasheet for main electrical, equipment, power cable schedule, lighting calculation, power distribution control system, communication strategies etc.)Personal characteristics:
• Team worker
• Able to cooperate and delegate
• Quality oriented
• Positive and pro-active
• Cope with high workload and constantly changes
We are offering a positive working environment and an organization with ambitious plans for growth. With KME you will find opportunities for continuous technical development in projects integrating Kongsberg Maritimes world-class products as well as 3rd party products in exciting domestic and international EPC-(Engineering Procurement Construction) projects.
Highly motivated candidates with these qualities are hereby invited to make contact with us.WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication.
Cato Strandin, , mob: 47 90 03 29 25
Online application form: [Click here]