On behalf of one of our clients within the oil & gas industry we are looking for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer with downhole operational experience.
- Participate in mechanical and/or multidiscipline (mechanical/electronics/hydraulics functions) projects with focus on mechanical design and testing of prototypes and final products according to functional specifications.
- Identify and integrate standard components and products in design.
- Verify design through calculations using required standards and conventional methods.
- Prepare concept, detailed layouts and production drawings using CAD software.
- Prepare engineering reports in connection with projects.
- Supervision and guidance during assembling and testing.
- Project reporting to Project Manager.
- Participate in customer meetings.
- Contribute in the process of preparing technical and commercial tenders.
- Verify and approve detail design, production drawings and reports.
- Involved in evaluation and selection of potential new technology.
- Education compliant to Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of downhole tools engineering experience within Completion/Intervention.
- Some years of downhole operational experience within Completion/Intervention.
Additional preferred specific experience/skills:
- Practical and theoretical understanding of mechanical design challenges potentially integrated with electronics and/or hydraulic features
- Experience from assembling/testing of prototypes/products
- Excellent English skills, oral and written.
- Performer who works both in teams and independently.
- Solution oriented with good communication skills.
- Structured and responsible.
- Focused on quality.
We can offer:
- Interesting work assignments in an inspiring and international environment.
- An informal and stimulating work environment.
- Influence, challenges and good possibilities for personal development and career.
- Competitive terms with good pension and insurance schemes. Employee share issue program.
- The place of work will be Forus, Stavanger
For more information Kjersti Stangeland Kelly Engineering Resources 0047 99119922
Click here to apply