Rolls-Royce Marine Electrical, Automation and Controls (EA&C) Operations are looking for an experienced and talented person to be responsible for managing purchasing operations on a Product and Project level within our Automation & Control business.
This role is focused on ensuring our selected suppliers deliver components and products at the agreed quality, cost and on time according to the demand of our various assembly and test locations.
The successful candidate will also work as a close and integral member of the EA&C Commercial Marine team in Aalesund, supporting supplier selection and management at all stages of development from R&D through to prototype and series 0 production.
The role will be based in Aalesund or Longva.
- Cost Management: Use the ERP system (Baan in Longva and Aalesund) or other Purchasing Systems and e-commerce in an optimal way to maximise internal transactional efficiency, minimising total costs.
- Contribute to cost models by sharing site-level and Engineering expertise with the rest of the purchasing community.
- Project purchasing: Support R&D and Engineering teams on various NPI projects through sourcing recommendations for non-standard items.
- Own and be responsible for the Quality, Cost and Delivery performance of suppliers delivering against specific Commercial projects.
- Be accountable and responsible for ensuring the adherence to the company- s processes and procedures. Accountable and responsible for all ERP processes and data in order to maintain and improve ERP compliance. Responsible for ensuring that all purchase documents are issued and maintained as appropriate including the required customer, governmental and other control bodies regulations.
- Have responsibility for coordinating supplier relationships in line with approved purchasing strategy and support the EA&C category management.
- Lead sourcing activities with approved suppliers where close cooperation with R&D and Engineering teams is required. Provide strategic purchasing teams with sourcing recommendations and act as the key interface between Purchasing and Engineering.
Qualifications and experience
- Good understanding of the Marine industry and markets (EA&C products knowledge preferred).
- Degree in engineering-related discipline, automation and control experience preferred.
- Proven ability to manage various processes through ERP systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with R&D and Engineering departments.
- Project management expertise.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate globally.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Competitive salary and benefit packages
- Targeted bonus arrangements
- Excellent pension and insurance arrangements
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional and international work environment
For more information about the role, please contact Jakub Gruszko at +48601244927
- Norway-Møre og Romsdal-Ålesund
- Norway-Møre og Romsdal-LongvaElectronic application