Legal (LEG) is the competence unit for all legal matters related to the Statoil group’s business areas and corporate activities and consist of legal experts, specialists, consultants, and qualified support personnel. The department has overall responsibility for advising on all legal matters and on ethics and anti-corruption compliance, undertaking Integrity Due Diligence research and acting as the Corporate Bodies’ secretariat within the Statoil group.
- We are looking to recruit a Legal Counsel to Legal Business Ethics and Compliance’s unit for Regulatory and Human Rights (LEG RHR). The main task will be to provide guidance and legal support to the Statoil Group at large regarding compliance with relevant economic sanctions laws (US, EU/Norwegian).
- The position will have an important role in further developing and strengthening Statoil’s policies, procedures and practices on economic sanctions compliance. This will include inter alia the following main activities:
- Act as a legal counsel in LEG RHR being a centre of expertise for the interpretation of relevant economic sanctions laws.
- Provide advice in concrete cases on economic sanctions laws and their practical implications for Statoil’s global business.
- Further developing and strengthening Statoil’s internal procedures and policies on economic sanctions compliance.
- Develop and secure the implementation of appropriate compliance wording in relevant contract templates etc..
- Contribute to training and awareness raising within Statoil at large on economic sanctions.
- In line with a need for enhanced flexibility and the efficient use of resources, the right candidate should also be prepared to spend parts of his/her time working on other legal matters as deemed appropriate/required.
- Some travelling will be required.
- The position will be located in Oslo or London on local (not expatriate) terms.
- Master degree in law is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a lawyer in a leading law firm or as a legal in-house counsel of an international company with (extensive) exposure to the subject of economic sanctions law and trade controls.
- An analytical mind, well organized and structured work style.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent writing skills as well as verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Deep knowledge of international economic sanctions laws.
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive.
- Positive and confident.
- Strong team work capabilities
To read more and find out how to apply, please visit Statoil.com here.