GexCon, which is a fully owned subsidiary of Christian Michelsen Research AS, is an internationally leading company in the field of process safety. Our engineers take pride in sharing their extensive knowledge on explosion phenomena acquired over more than four decades of applied research, experimental testing and consultancy services for the oil and gas industry. GexCon has extensive experience from investigating accidents such as Piper Alpha, TWA 800, Buncefield and Vest Tank. GexCon's computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tool FLACS is the de facto industry standard for simulating the consequences of dispersion and explosion scenarios in complex geometries. GexCon's main office is located in Bergen, Norway, and GexCon has subsidiaries in the US, UK, Australia, Indonesia and Italy.
GexCon – the leading global partner in dispersion, fire and explosion safety!
If your personality and skills match the below profile then we would like to hear from you. Please submit your cover letter, CV, grades from university education and at least two references in webcruiter (email applications are not accepted). Applications will be processed continuously until the position is filled. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- GexCon R&D is looking for a committed professional to strengthen our development team for the FLACS simulator tools. You will work on software that enables our customers to produce, manage, analyse and visualize big safety-related simulation data sets.
- You develop pre- and post-processors for the computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software FLACS. This may also include setting up or implementing databases, web-interfaces, applications for mobile devices, etc.
- You work in our team using Agile methodologies.
- Besides producing clean and well-tested code, you contribute to documentation, support and training.
- You are experienced in developing on both Linux and Windows and possess excellent programming skills in C++ and Python.
- You are able to create GUIs transforming complex data interactions to an inspiring user experience.
- Your familiarity with the Qt API is considered an advantage, as is knowledge of 3D visualization, geometry modelling, cloud computing and mobile applications.
- Informatics – Visualization
- College / University, Master's degree
- You possess excellent problem solving capabilities and well-developed communication skills.
- You are passionate about software development and stimulate others as well as you grow with challenges yourself.
- You have excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written.
To read more and find out how to apply, please visit CMR here.