Are you fascinated by the physics of explosions and fires? Are you curious about how to model turbulence, combustion and flame propagation? Maybe you want to investigate the physics in real experiments? Or perhaps your devotion lies in optimization, visualization and data processing?
We work with consequence modelling and risk assessment of dust and gas explosions and fires within the process industries. We have a long experience with internships and master students at GexCon and find working together with students/interns to be a valuable experience for both them and us. Many of our current employees have started their careers at GexCon as a master student or intern.
We have a longstanding collaboration with the University of Bergen, Bergen University College and the University of Stavanger in addition to several international universities including ENSI Bourges, (France), Texas A&M (US), University of Leeds (UK) , Politecnico di Milano (Italy).
- As a student/intern at GexCon you get to work on actual projects with direct usefulness.
- We can offer a wide variety of challenging and exciting tasks within simulations and analysis, modelling and verification, software and method development and experimental testing.
- Together we can define a task which will be interesting for you and us and matches your background and ambition.
- Students must be enrolled at a university within a relevant master program (see Education field).
- Interns must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree within either Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering or Informatics.
- The level of our interns and students is high (average grade of B or higher in the Norwegian grading system).
- Mechanical engineering
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- You have good problem solving capabilities.
- You are structured and able to manage your own workload.
- You have good communication skills including good command of the English language.
- Most importantly you are motivated and committed.
To find out more and apply, please visit Christian Michelsen Research AS.