On behalf of our Client we are looking for a Design Engineer for a temporary assignment. The Design Engineer will be given tasks to establish and do maintenance of the Clients’s Ballast Water Management System documentation, here within project and production documentation. The Design
Engineer will take the role as a team member in the Product team performing the following tasks:
• Utilize company software systems to establish product models, drawings and documentation (SolidWorks and Enterprise PDM)
• Maintain and keep the product drawings up to date for fabrication, project documentation and sales in the PDM system.
• Support sales in the sales process with illustrations and other technical questions
• Focus on establish and improve design to allow for easy and cost effective fabrication and installation.
• Ensure that all design and documentation is according to the product type approval certificate.
• Establish and control technical documentation
• Assist in R&D activities as applicable.
• Technical mechanical education at Bachelor level
• Relevant experience may compensate for formal education
• Experience from maritime or offshore industry, e.g. ship / production platform engineering
• SolidWorks and Enterprise PDM experience
• General computer skills, and beneficial with experience in ERP systems like Dynamics AX
• Language skills in English, written and oral in addition Norwegian if available.
• Structured and organised
• Interpersonal skills, network building and listening.
• Integrity and accuracy.
A competitive salary package Insurance and pension schemes Follow-up and a long term relationships towards other assignments