FMC Technologies is the worlds largest supplier of systems and equipment for subsea oil and gas production. The demand for our systems is increasing, and we are seeking the sharpest minds to take our game-changing technology even further.
We challenge whats possible. Every day.
Global Sourcing is an organizational unit with responsibility for management of supplier quality, supplier development, supplier cost and sourcing for FMC Technologies Sub Sea world wide to support Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) requirements. This new positions reside within a new global function,;Category Business Engineering, which forms part of Global Sourcing. FMC Technologies is looking for one engineer with emphasize on Machining and one on Forging processes.
The Category Business Engineer will aggressively pursue knowledge of the suppliers processes, cost drivers and cost structure in the category by working with these and learn about their plant infrastructure, equipment, personnel, level of automation, overhead and any other precondition impacting the supplier cost. He/she will use this knowledge on an ongoing basis to benchmark suppliers and find new projects. The Category Business Engineer will support Category teams, tender teams and tactical Procurement in negotiations with simulations of supplier cost structures in function of location/local labor costs, various design alternatives, commodity price- and exchange rate fluctuations in conjunction with supplier cost development. The person in this role will serve as an agent of change and contribute to excellence in supply chain performance by ensuring compliance with FMC policies and processes by all roles involved throughout the supply chain.
Your job will involve:
- Support category management with establishing a current state analysis and benchmarking of suppliers within the category
- Identify gaps in product/supplier portfolio and propose cost saving projects to category management
- Support development of plans to address business needs by improving performance.
- Coordinate benchmarking and input best practice experiences to the global process development.
- Responsible for training of purchasing- and sourcing personnel in all regions in use of tools, processes and analysis on an ongoing basis
- Act as discussion partner to management when reviewing commercial strategies for supplier choices
- Work with category management to develop supply chain strategies in order to minimize costs across several layers of suppliers
- Contribute to improvement of processes, instructions and tools for Product Cost Estimation, simulation and benchmarking
- Provide input to a global Cost Data Bank, where information about material cost, manufacturing cost and labor cost for all regions will be stored and maintained
- Use defined templates and tools to ensure consistency in input provided
- Make suggestions to improvement in established policies and procedures for Supplier Cost improvement on the basis of ongoing lessons learned
- University degree or equivalent education and experience
- 5 10 years experience within industrial engineering as the core business discipline
- Further experience in quality, HSE, supplier development, supply chain, engineering, operations, HR and/or finance is an advantage
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to build and maintain effective networks and relations at all levels
- Good knowledge of FMC organization and business processes
- Good presentation and communication skills at all organizational levels
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and systematically
within own area of responsibility
- Good English language skills, oral and written
- Cooperative and service minded
- Experience with ERP and MRP systems like SAP required
- Proficiency with various software applications i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power point, Microsoft Project etc.
The workplace will be Kongsberg.
For additional information regarding this position please contact Lars Due - Gundersen, Manager Global Category Business Engineering Tel. 3228 9944, or Anita Bakker, HR department, Tel. 3228 4449
Please apply online at FMC Technologies Intranet or www.fmctechnologies.com, Career Centre