Opera Software seeks to hire Linux Systems Administrators for our Hosting team. As a Linux Sysadmin, you will work on the thousands of physical and virtual servers running Linux that are used to power Opera’s services worldwide.
We are looking for people who take responsibility, are self-organizing and who enjoy solving challenging problems. We are an open, collaborative team and look forward to meeting candidates who can bring new ideas, skills and solutions to Opera.
- Order and manage remote hands work from our co-location vendors
- Participate in Opera’s on-call scheme
- Prepare and maintain documentation of systems and procedures
- Use and help improve shared infrastructure and tools
- Be smart - innovate, automate and improve our solutions
- Solve problems and troubleshoot
- Install and deploy new servers or replace old ones
- Perform general Linux systems administration and maintenance
- Experience working in teams, as well as alone
- Ideally, knowledge of CFEngine, Puppet or Chef
- 5 years’ experience in Linux Administration, Virtualization, Network or Storage administration
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant area, such as Computing, Mathematics or Technology
Send your CV and cover letter, detailing your background and motivation for the position.
For immediate consideration, please apply online.