Opera Software seeks to hire a Server Infrastructure Engineer for our Hosting team. As a Server Infrastructure Engineer, you will set up and maintain the thousands of servers that support our 300M users. As an expert on server technology, you will work closely with our commercial team, vendors and operations team to make sure Opera chooses the best solutions to support our products.
We are looking for a person who takes responsibility, is self-organizing and who enjoys solving challenging problems. We are an open, collaborative team and look forward to meeting candidates who can bring new ideas, skills and solutions to Opera.
- Install and manage servers and related resources
- Ensure the server platform meets supports Opera’s current and future product needs
- Work with our commercial department to select vendors and equipment
- Test and experiment with new equipment
- Establish tools for monitoring and analysis
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems together with our Operations team
- Prepare and maintain documentation and manuals.
- Train and share knowledge with Opera’s Operations team
Ideal job requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant area, such as Computing, Mathematics or Technology
- 5 years’ experience in Linux Administration, Virtualization, Network or Storage administration
- Ability to communicate well with team colleagues and remote partners
- Ideally, experience with a range of server hardware and familiarity with data-center design and operation
Send us your CV and cover letter, detailing your background and motivation for the position.
For immediate consideration, please apply online.