Opera Software seeks a Head of Information Security to establish, implement and monitor information security standards and policies globally. The incumbent will also be responsible for managing the selection and deployment of security-related tools and training, including disaster recovery and business continuity.
We are looking for an intelligent, articulate, consensus-building and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the senior management team and communicate information-security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical team members at all levels of the organization.
- Own, create and maintain the core security policies and processes at Opera.
- Develop and maintain a risk assessment for the Opera Software group.
- Collaborate with other managers to ensure that they understand, implement and follow the agreed policies.
- Assist Opera’s hosting and internal IT teams with selecting the security tools and systems that are required to implement the security policies.
- Coordinate security improvement projects in Opera’s Hosting and IT teams.
- Serve as the primary contact and escalation point for security incidents.
- Coordinate with external auditors and, occasionally, Opera’s business-to-business customers.
- Participate in Opera’s IT leadership group.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems,or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- CISSP or CISM preferred
- Demonstrated experience with advising and effectively guiding senior management as to information security matters
- Ability to work and prioritize effectively in a highly dynamic, multicultural work environment
- Experience with information-system disaster-recovery planning and testing, auditing, risk analysis, business system resumption planning and contingency planning
- Direct responsibility for information security in an international software company
For immediate consideration, please apply online.