The section for Load Line and Tonnage is a part of Approval Centre Norway in DNV GL, located at Høvik outside Oslo. The section is responsible for Load Line approval and tonnage calculations and certificates. Our aim is to stay in the forefront within our competence areas both when we are delivering services globally and locally in own division.
You will be part of a section that is responsible for calculation of tonnage for a wide range of specialized vessels such as offshore vessels, cable layers, passenger vessels, mobile offshore units, HSLC, wind farm installation vessels in addition to more traditional ship types. The section covers new-building, conversion and fleet in service, and on occasions we do tonnage surveys as well.
In our section, you will be providing technical support to owners, designers, manufacturers and yards, as well as to our own surveyors. You will work with a multitude of design features and gain unique and specialized technical insight.
The section consists of 15 highly competent and motivated employees, and we come from ten different countries. The section consists of two groups where the Tonnage group has six dedicated persons. We are now seeking motivated and qualified persons to join our group, strengthen our team and participate in the shaping of DNV GL.
- Modelling and tonnage calculation for new buildings and fleet in service
- Occasional tonnage surveys (ITC/Suez)
- Preparing documentation for issuance of tonnage Certificates on behalf of Flag States and canal authorities
- Development of Rules and Instructions to Surveyors for Tonnage in DNV GL
- Support to newbuilding and conversion projects