The position will suit applicants with a pro-active, enthusiastic attitude who are willing to work as part of a global team of internationally recognized experts in the field of process safety and more specifically dust explosion safety
- Project management for various consulting projects.
- Hazardous area classification, ignition assessments, consequence analysis, HAZOP and risk evaluation of flammable liquids / gases and combustible dust explosion hazards - mainly within the process industry.
- Explosion Modelling using the leading FLACS DustEx CFD software code and associated interpretation of results and generation of reports.
- Project based engineering support to existing clients in the petrochemical and processing sectors.
- Travelling to customer meetings both within Norway and internationally. Candidates must be willing to visit other GexCon international offices as required for short and sometimes longer intervals.
- Delivery of training courses in relation to legislation and explosion safety.
- Networking, maintaining contact and establishing a good relationship with our clients.
- A Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry or Process Engineering.
- Mechanical engineering
- College / University, Master's degree
- Excellent computer skills.
- Initiative – the ability to manage and control own workloads.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, written (English and Norwegian) and interpersonal skills.
- Consultancy / Customer support experience.
- Knowledge of the process and oil and gas industry and relevant safety legislation is a key advantage.
- Use of CFD Codes, ideally with experience of FLACS.
- GexCon offers excellent conditions for all employees, including attractive salary, pension scheme and welfare programmes.
- A positive working environment as a part of a successful team providing a healthy work/life balance.
- A chance to ensure an international career within GexCon and our subsidiaries.