Opera Software seeks an experienced and well-networked Key Account Manager to manage key relationships with existing customers spread across the EMEA region with a goal to increase revenue per customer and the reach of Opera's TV & Device products.
Opera Software's TV & Devices business unit is the market leader in providing browsers, app stores and, more recently, advertising solutions to Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, streaming/OTT devices, set-top boxes and game consoles. We have deployed our products on devices from over 60 OEMs including Sony, Samsung, Philips, Motorola, Cisco, Sagemcom, Toshiba, Sharp, Vestel and Ericsson. In 2013, we estimate that over 30M connected TV devices shipped with an Opera product.
As more and more devices become connected, this exciting industry changes shape each year. Lately, with the increased adoption of HTML5 for TV apps and services, Opera has experienced unmatched growth due to the high demand for its market-ready products. Hence Opera needs to strengthen our EMEA sales team to take care of existing customers spread across the EMEA region and to expand our reach to the next level.
The position is intended to be based in our Oslo office. However, we are willing to consider applicants based elsewhere in Europe.
- Manage key relationships within each OEM customer, which could span internal stakeholders (R&D, Engineering, CTO, Sales and , Marketing, Business Development), external stakeholders and suppliers (Middleware-, DRM- and silicon vendors).
- Collaborate with Opera's internal organization, spanning Sales & Marketing, Product Management and Engineering (Product Development and Delivery teams), to deliver signed projects to customers and further enhance our product roadmap for your region.
- Secure OEM wins by identifying & developing opportunities, responding to RFIs and RFQs, collaborating with key influencers and ultimately negotiating and closing revenue generating deals with the appropriate commercial entity.
- Participate in trade shows and other relevant industry events to expand Opera's network.
Ideal job requirements
- Outstanding network in the TV ecosystem
- At least 5-7 years of experience, with availability to travel extensively within the region
- Understanding of web technologies and its use in middleware environments is a plus
- Familiarity with the complex embedded software for TV ecosystem spanning silicon vendors, set-top-box providers, middleware providers, software suppliers and pay-TV operators
- Excellent track record and success in complex sales processes, with experience in negotiating deals for a global organization
- Strong ability to communicate externally and internally at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain or facilitate a good level of technical dialogue between R&D organizations/customer engineering teams/CTO offices, standard groups and our organization
For immediate consideration, please apply online.