The Vessel Information and Control(VICO) team is developing software systems for a broad range of marine advisory and fleet management reporting solutions, integrated automation, and vessel management and control systems – all of which help optimize vessel operations and performance, improve energy efficiency, reliability and availability, and operational safety. Our solutions are based on the world-leading 800xA “Extended Automation” system. We are now looking for competent, dedicated and motivated automation engineers to join our VICO team at Billingstad, a few kilometers west of Oslo.
- Participate in delivery projects for marine and offshore applications
- Establish system and network design; implement and document the solutions
- Design and document solutions for lifecycle and configuration management of delivered systems
- Support automation system projects in implementing solutions for 3rd party connectivity (OPC), history logging and reporting, remote access etc.
- Support in training and rolling out the solutions to the global network of ABB Marine offices
- Bachelor- or Master degree within automation or information technology
- Experience with ABB 800xA system configuration, or similar systems
- Familiar with IT system concepts, like domain and user management, virtualization, cyber security etc.(MS Windows based)
- Experience from marine industry is preferred
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Initiative, interpersonal skills and efficiency
- Ability to work independently, structured, and systematically
- Flexibility, and wish to undertake responsibility
- Professional ambitions and a wish to undertake challenges
We can offer:
- Training, personal development and good career opportunities
- Competitive terms
- Flexible work schedule
- Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers
- Positive and exciting work environment
To read more, please visit Technogarden here.