For 200 years KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies serves the oil & gas industry with a range of high technology systems and solutions for drilling operations, production optimisation and subsea projects. Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies is a business area in the Kongsberg Group.
Software Development Project Manager
The Software Development Project Manager will be accountable for the management of complex, high value / high risk Software Development projects. As the Software Development Project Manager, you will on the behalf of the product manager and together with the technical leads be leading highly qualified individuals and be responsible for the completion and delivery of development projects within client expectations.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop project baselines, reviews and documentation and ensure delivery of final project deliverables
- Lead mostly internal, but also external project meetings and provide support with proposal preparations and quotation submissions utilizing standard project management tools
- Manage projects of various scales and coordinate with the product manager, external clients, and the delivery department to monitor costs and ensure timely completion. Drive for increased project performance, such as transparency and predictability.
- Coordinate efforts between development and the testing teams
- Notify the product manager, sales and management team on project status. Assemble key internal stakeholders to communicate when a project deviates significantly from schedule or cost. Develop plan and manage communication with client.
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint or project status meetings.
- Ensure change management processes are utilized and communicated
- Manage competing demands and priorities, manage project priorities and performs risk management.Leads the prioritization with development, sales, and management to discuss and resolve project issues
- Follow all organizational project compliance requirements
- Develop lessons learned post-projects and communicates and implements lessons-learned to future projects
- Institutionalize lessons learns and continually improve on standard project management methods
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant fields
- Proven extensive project management experience in software development projects
- 10 years of experience with complex project planning and scheduling, earned value calculations, project risk analysis and management, and PMP methodology is required
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodology, tools and techniques for the entire project life-cycle, preferably certified in project management methodology.
- Proficiency within agile methodologies and issue tracking systems such as Jira and/or Team Foundation Server.
- Experience in hands on software development
- Clear understanding of the SDLC
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely with diverse audiences, in both oral and written contexts
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Passion for delivering and supporting cutting-edge products
- Process driven
- A firm commitment to proactive, customer friendly service and on-time delivery
- Comfortable working in cross-diciplin, multi-cultural and multilingual teams.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to schedule and attend meetings for global teams
- Ability to travel overseas on a needs basis
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Proven skills in leadership, interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution, persuasion and motivation.
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Work in an expanding international and creative environment
- Dynamic workplace with highly varied work tasks
- Excellent technical and personal development challenges
- Highly qualified co-workers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
- Opportunity to grow professionally and to make a positive impact
To read more and apply, please visit Kongsberg Maritime here.