For 200 years KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies serves the oil & gas industry with a range of high technology systems and solutions for drilling operations, production optimisation and subsea projects. Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies is a business area in the Kongsberg Group.
Software Developer, 3D Visualization
Are you passionate about visualization? Want to make a difference in the real world? Do you have examples to back up these claims? Then contact us.
The 3D Visualization team serves as a competence center for 3D visualization and user interface design. This competence is applied to improving operational decision support tools for the offshore oil & gas industry. Our projects are a mix of custom solution development for offshore operators and module development for other product lines within KONGSBERG. We continuously develop our internal technology stack with focus on software architecture, modern graphics pipeline utilization, domain-specific APIs and maintaining a high quality codebase.
We strive to improve our work processes to make sure every project leaves the code base and the developers in better shape than it found them. This means agile and Scrum, test-driven-development or some variation thereof, code reviews, lunch'n'learn sessions, and lots more. We expect you to be able and willing to contribute to this process.
If you have source code published on GitHub, Bitbucket, CodePlex or similar, please include a link in your job application.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Software development for internal and external projects
- Real-time 3D visualization
- Software design, architecture, API design
- System integration
- Requirements analysis, functional and technical specification
- A M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, possibly a B.Sc. combined with experience and/or strong talent
- Passion for visualization and end user experiences
- Strong programming skills, pride in making clean code, interest in software architecture
- Fluency in C++ or C#, experience with other languages is a plus
- Experience with user interface development on .Net and/or Qt
- Experience with 3D graphics programming using OpenGL, Direct3D, WebGL, GLSL or HLSL.
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership.
- Being self-motivated and problem-solving oriented.
- Reliable and honest.
- Colleagues that will challenge you and help you grow
- Meaningful work. The software you create will affect the safety and performance of real-world offshore operations
- Competitive terms and conditions
To find out more and apply please visit Kongsberg Maritime here.