An exciting opportunity for a summer job where you get to use your skills in an international hydropower project.
Multiconsult will organise an international summer project for students in energy/hydropower related studies in the summer of 2014.
Multiconsult is one of the largest consulting firms in both national and international hydropower. Approximately 50 percent of our projects are outside of Norway, mainly in southern Africa, the Himalayan region and South-East Europe. This ensures that younger employees will get an opportunity for an international career with us. One example of this is, through our international exchange program that includes one year of expatriation with our partner in Nepal, Hydro Consult Engineering Ltd.
The task will be carried out at our offices in Oslo, Norway and Ashford, England, including a fieldtrip to the country where the project is.
For the summer project 2014, the students will carry out a hydropower related study for a client in one of the countries where we have projects. The team composition should be interdisciplinary in order to solve the tasks related to such a study. It is expected that the students will put in a significant effort during the project's duration.
Total length of the project is 6 weeks.
The students will get support from relevant professionals during the project. The final product is required to be to a high standard. All documentation must be written in English.
- 3rd and 4th year students within hydropower and energy related studies, for example structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, hydrology, hydraulic engineering, energy planning, geotechnical engineering, geology, environment, social sciences, economics and management
Participants will be assigned roles within the team based on qualifications and prior experience. One of the participants will take the role as Project Manager, and applicants are asked to specify in their application whether they are interested in taking a leadership role within the team.
- Creative and professionally engaged
- Independent and initiative
- Profit and solution oriented
- Must thrive on technical challenges
- Responsible and focused on good supply
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Good work experience trough project work with valuable deliverables for the client
- The opportunity to work with challenging tasks under the supervision of highly skilled and engaged collegues
For more information, please contact Anders Gustav Pettersen, phone no+47 95 15 40 35, email: email@example.com.
To read more, please visit the Multiconsult website here.