At NOV we have changed the game – twice. First in the Rig Market, then with the Submerged Turret Loading Technology. Now we are doing it again, and it will benefit the entire business.
The offshore production industry has come to a turning point. It can no longer afford business “as is”. The risk and associated cost is too high, and the profit is diminishing. In order to develop future fields with better economics and increased predictability, we have to think and act differently. We have to industrialize and standardize and focus on new build. We have to move from tailor made to ready-made. And now is the time to do it. Even though our solution is quite basic, NOV is one of few players who can do this. Using what we have and what we are good at; field proven technology, competence and components. By designing simple and robust solutions based on standard equipment, we will drive cost reduction and increase our customer’s profit – keeping them competitive and the business growing, in a long term perspective.
We are looking to grow the team in the Oslo area but given NOV’s global footprint we will consider other locations if the candidate is exceptionally well qualified.
- Will work closely with business development as a technical authority responsible for development of complete subsea packages from wellhead to FPSO (floater). This will involve responsibility for technical delivery in early phase work (Concepts, FEEDs, bids) which includes development of the best solutions together with our Clients as well as coordinating internally in order to produce the required deliverables.
- The position will take responsibility for a core early phase technical team.
- The position includes responsibility for product development and offers versatile engineering. Innovative thinking in standardization of processes and products is key.
- This position will have close cooperation with other departments and disciplines both internally and externally.
- Travelling is required.
- You must be well qualified technically within the subsea production segment. Excellent knowledge of SURF deliveries including subsea structures is key.
- You must be a self-driven leader who manages people effectively, communicates well with your surroundings including Clients.
- You must be at a level where you understand the benefits of standardization for our industry and have an interest in developing standardized and simplified processes and products.
- You must have an interest in challenging the industry as it is today.
- You must be flexible both in terms of working hours and travel.
At National Oilwell Varco we can offer the candidate the chance to be part of developing NOVs offshore production business. For the right candidate this will be an interesting and demanding job in an international environment with excellent opportunities for professional development. We have a young and informal environment characterized by trust, openness and personal responsibility; with good conditions and exciting career opportunities both at home and abroad. The sky is the limit for the right candidate.
Jon Clausen - VP Business Development Subsea
Erik Svendsen - SVP Floating Production Solutions
To find out more, please visit the National Oilwell Varco website here.