Senior/principal mechanical project engineer (Job ID 1528)
Development and Production Norway (DPN) will capture the full potential and ensure maximum value creation on the Norwegian continental shelf. We will therefore drive the opening of new acreage while maturing IOR and exploration prospects. Speed of delivery and cost improvements through standardisation and the repeated use of proven solutions will be key here. DPN will continue to be a preferred employer, within the Norwegian business community and among students, and will continue to develop our people in the best way possible.
Since opening in 1976, our Harstad office has grown to around 300 employees from 23 nationalities. Earlier in 2013, the company took the important step of creating an Operations North division and basing it in Harstad,. The office is responsible for most of Statoil's substantial exploration program, early phase field development, drilling and well technology, development and production on the northern Norwegian continental shelf (NCS), a geographic area which covers the northern Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea.
Due to recent finds by our Exploration team, and the consequent increase in activity in the area, Operations North is now in a period of expansive growth. Production in the area is predicted to more than triple, and our workforce in Harstad is expected to double. We are therefore seeking talented and engaged professionals to join us for cutting edge, pioneering projects across the whole value chain.
Modifications in Harstad is a business unit in DPN Operations North. The unit is responsible for implementing modification projects at Snøhvit and Norne FPSO. Technical support delivers multidisciplinary technical engineering support to projects in the modification portfolio. The portfolio will include a wide range of offshore modification projects that will be followed from the study phase to completion.Job description:
- Verify scope of work and ensure technical quality during the initiation phase of the project
- Monitor technical quality in studies and design activities performed by contractor
- Manage technical clarifications and variation orders from contractor
- Participate in quality assurance activities, technical reviews and verificationsQualifications:
- Bachelor's degree / master's degree
- Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Min. 5 years of relevant experience, whereof experience from the Oil & Gas industry is preferred
- Good knowledge of regulations and standards in the professional area
- Good knowledge of Norwegian and ability to formulate both written and oralPersonal qualities:
- Goal-oriented, results-oriented and proactive
- Broad understanding
- A structured and systematic way of working
- Flexibility in relation to the tasks
- Analytical mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skillsWe offer:
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.General information:
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
Contact person: Trygve Olsen tel: +47 91 10 00 45
To read more and find out how to apply, please click here.