Statoil is an international energy company with operations in 35 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Development and Production Norway (DPN) will capture the full potential and ensure maximum value creation on the Norwegian continental shelf. We will therefore drive the opening of new acreage while maturing IOR and exploration prospects. Speed of delivery and cost improvements through standardisation and the repeated use of proven solutions will be key here. DPN will continue to be a preferred employer, within the Norwegian business community and among students, and will continue to develop our people in the best way possible.
Statoil Marine Operation is a tactical and operational unit within Statoil responsible for the following deliverables:
- rig move operation for Statoil’s mobile offshore drilling units;
- supply- and standby activities for Statoil’s fixed and mobile units on the Norwegian continental shelf;
- secure sufficient vessel capacity for supply-, anchorhandling- and standby operations on the Norwegian continental shelf.
Statoil Marine Operations are now seeking Naval Architect/Marin Engineer within the Rig Move Operation department. The Rig Move Operation department is responsible for the planning, verifying and execution of rig move operations on both the Norwegian continental shelf and international. The department contains both engineers and operational expertise within rig move operation activities.
Statoil Marine Operations are seeking a team player who thrives in a fast paced work environment with varied tasks.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of rig move operations for mobile offshore drilling units
- Verify mooring analysis, including follow-up of the mooring analysis contractor
- Coordinate and follow up risk assessment for rig move operations
- Provide support to other projects within Statoil Marine Operations
- Participate in the preparation of the technical specification for term contracts for anchorhandling vessels and during the technical evaluation of the proposals
- Opportunities to participate offshore during rig move operations as Statoil Marine QC representative
- Some travel is to be expected, both offshore and onshore.
- Engineering degree from University/College
- Preferably master degree within Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Advantage with experience within the planning of marine operations, and experience with design/structural analysis, preferably mooring analysis.
- Preferably with some knowledge of the relevant rules and regulations for rigmove- and vessel operations
- Graduates with relevant formal education are also encouraged to apply for this position
- Independent and effective
- Hands-on the activities
- Analytical and structured
- Good interpersonal skills
- Show commitment to Statoil values: Open, Courageous, Hands-on and Caring
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
Randi MacPherson, Leader Rig Move Operation