|Company & Business Area Description
As of 12 September 2013, DNV and GL have merged to form DNV GL
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries. With our origins stretching back to 1864, our reach today is global. Operating in more than 100 countries, our 16,000 professionals are dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
Join us to find good reasons for getting up in the morning!
DNV GL Research & Innovation is a corporate unit dedicated to strategic research and innovation. It serves the purpose of exploring and testing new technologies and building new knowledge within selected technology areas that are believed to be of particular significance for DNV GL's own development and business activities in the future.
The research programme “Oil & Gas and Energy Systems” is now looking to hire 2-3 researchers within the area of offshore safety. This programme focuses on new methodologies, technologies and approaches for risk and reliability assessments of offshore assets (from reservoir, well, subsea, topsides to export). Both qualitative and quantitative methods are covered as well as technical and non-technical systems.
As part of this programme you will get the opportunity to work with other researchers within DNG GL locally and internationally, as well as our research partners (universities, research institutions, oil&gas companies, etc).
We are looking for candidates with both a strong analytical mindset and broad industry understanding. Both senior candidates and graduates will be considered.
The researchers report to the Programme director for “Oil & Gas and Energy Systems”.
|Local Unit & Position Description
- Exploratory research and innovation activities
- Broad and deep research within selected areas
- Publication of results (internally and externally)
- Contribute to programme activities outside own research area
- Education on – at least – MSC level - preferably a PhD
- For senior position: Minimum 10 years relevant experience from risk and/or reliability within offshore safety
- Have a broad understanding of the oil and gas market
- General problem solving skills (individual /team)
- Solution oriented with ability to work independent, take initiatives and drive processes
- Possess good communication and networking skills
- Ability to combine analytical / theoretical knowledge with practical skills
To apply to this or other positions with DNV Software, please visit their website here.