|Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry. We provide consistent, integrated services within technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management and offshore classification, to enable safe, reliable and enhanced performance in projects and operations. Together with our partners, we drive the industry forward by developing best practices and standards. Our people combine industry expertise, multi-disciplinary skills and innovation to solve complex challenges for our customers.
|Local Unit & Position Description
Set the standards for a safer tomorrow
DNV’s services related to the drilling & well market are increasingly in demand and defined as a targeted growth area for DNV. We are now seeking to strengthen our Approval team working with the classification of offshore drilling Systems in Kristiansand with 1-2 knowledgeable, passionate Mechanical/Structural Engineers.
Our Approval - Ship and Offshore unit in Norway has 350 employees and is one of the cornerstones in DNV. We ensure that ships and offshore units are designed according to the latest technical standards, making them suitable to sail and operate on the seven seas.
Our employees also participate in research and development projects, both here in Norway and globally, developing new standards, guidelines and practices.
Being an approval engineer involves close interaction with owners, yards and designers from the early idea of a new concept until the unit is leaving a shipyard ready for a long life at sea. Working in DNV, you will have a role in actively supporting other colleagues, stations and projects in the wider, global DNV network, which will give you the opportunity to be exposed to a broad range of technological challenges and knowledge.
- As a member of our highly qualified, multi-disciplinary team, you will apply and expand your expertise within one or more of the following areas:
- Approval of Drilling & Well Intervention Equipment
- Development of new, cutting-edge industry standards
- Participation in international committees & initiatives
- Influencing shelf state authorities towards improvement initiatives (especially in Norway but also globally, for example USA)
- Joint Industry Projects (JIPs) focusing on research and innovation
- Advisory work such as accident investigations, trouble shooting, and development/qualification of new systems & technologies
- We are looking for both senior and moderately experienced engineers
- You must have a M.Sc or Bachelor degree
- Expertise within one or more of the following:
- Mechanical equipment
- Lifting appliances
- Well intervention equipment
- Drilling Equipment
- Rotating equipment
- Structural analysis
- The right candidates are easily inspired by technical challenges, and have
- a passion for technology, innovation and safety
- a positive attitude
- a curious mind motivated by learning
- the ability to work closely with others and share knowledge
- …and last but not least:a genuine desire to make a real difference.
- At DNV, we offer opportunities beyond business. In addition to competitive conditions, the right candidates will enjoy the possibility to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. Our working culture is based on respect for one another and an appreciation of the need for work-life balance
Join us and you will:
- work with dedicated and competent colleagues
… with a high education and specialization level in an international environment
- meet demanding customers
… with complex and exciting technical challenges
- live locally yet work on challenges globally
… and enjoy working at our beautiful campus at Høvik. For those that prefer a change, there are also opportunities to move abroad for some time
- have space to innovate
We encourage and actively enable creativity and innovation, for example through our extraordinary innovation projects, and our joint initiatives with key industry players
- learn more every day
We offer a wide array of development opportunities, in terms of roles, technologies, and geographies; on the job and through training, both internally, and through our education fund and collaboration agreements with UCLA at Berkeley and IMD business school
- live a balanced life
We offer a flexible working environment, attractive pension- and insurance schemes, 30 day annual vacation, networks like “Young in DNV”, and sports and leisure activities with colleagues
- make an impact!
To apply to this or other positions with DNV software, please visit their website here.