||Project Manager has the accountability for execution of the project; delivering project scope to an agreed specification, quality and lead-time and achieving budgeted margin and cash receipts for Surface division. The Project Manager is the interface between the Customer and Surface organization, accountable for developing the customer relationship and supporting safe working practices within the project.
• On-time delivery of the project scope of supply for equipment and services – On-time delivery measure defined as Sales Line item scope - contract date vs actual date as a percentage.
• Accountable for the Project Budget and to deliver the approved Tender margin; identify opportunities to increase the projects margin through cost savings and management of Change with the customer (variation orders);
• Manage the project Cash Milestones, delivering cash into Surface as per the bid schedule;
• Deliver Project Hours within bid + variation Orders for the project;
• Deliver on-time first issue of all documentation to the customer, as held in Master Document Register / Integrated Plan;
• Accountable for adherence to Project Lifecycle – measures based on passing of project gates;
• Clearly defining and communicating the scope of supply within the Company;
• Manage the project schedule, identifying the critical path issues and developing mitigation actions to ensure on-time delivery;
• Accountable for Management of Risk on the project, identification of risks and mitigation action plans to reduce the impact of those risks, escalating issues and responding to changes;
• Develop effective working relationships with Customers, being the central point of contact within the Company, escalating issues to senior management as required;
• As informal leader, into a matrix organization, of a Project team of internal department members, the Project Manager will take accountability for actions taken and develop a team working approach, ensuring compliance to all the Gates as part of the Project Life cycle management;
• Accountable for the Project Financial Management adherence, disseminating costs /budgets to internal departments and tracking of these costs to the budget, identify and execute potential cost savings;
• Identify project changes to the original scope and create Change Requests for approval internally and externally, in order to maximize opportunities;
• Provide project forecasts for completion of equipment, services, cash milestones & margin – performance measures for the project;
• Understand the project contractual requirements and ensure the project team adheres to them; managing any contractual disputes with the customer.
• Delivery of cash milestones in line with tender budget into the division;
• Participate in departmental improvement projects, proactively highlight areas for improvement.
• Provide reporting information for both internal and external use (customer specific reports) on a weekly / monthly basis;
• Drive adherence to Surface’s quality processes and procedures, ensuring quality is of the highest standards for our customers;
• Develop Project Execution Plan, based on the Project Governance models, communicate plan and proactively manage the PEP during the projects life cycle;
• Provide input in preparing the department budget and follow up the financial target (budget, forecast, estimation) for departmental expenses;
• Respect the specific budgeting indicators on activity area;
• Draw up SAP requisitions, according to the released authority level defined in SAP;
• Responsible to achieve on-time delivery.
• Proactively comply with Health & Safety procedures and identify areas for improvement.
|Job Requirements/ Qualifications
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
• Technical University degree, preferable in Mechanical Engineering or Welding;
• 5 years of experience in Project Management with advanced knowledge of Project Management and Planning Philosophies (PMI certification is a plus);
• Work experience in heavy manufacturing environment (experience in low volume, high complexity manufacturing would be an asset);
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes;
• Advanced knowledge of Risk Assessment;
• Exposure to multinational environment;
• Very good English skills (reading, speaking, written);
• PC Skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word & SAP knowledge preferable;
• Continuous Improvement ‘mind-set’, evidence of successful continuous improvement projects, and continued self development throughout career.
Other Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to plan, execute and control a project, establishing realistic estimates and reporting
• Demonstrated ability to understand and balance technical issues/solutions with time, cost, and human factors;
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan, organize, control and complete work within specified time lines
• Ability to assess project risks and exposures; identify options and alternatives, make decisions, and implement corrective actions;
• Demonstrated skills in diplomacy, confidence, persuasiveness, enthusiasm and verbal fluency;
• Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision making abilities
• Professional approach to job responsibilities and working with others;
• Excellent presentation and meeting management skills.
• Excellent written/oral communication & Interpersonal skills;
• Good judgment and ability to make decisions
• Ability to share knowledge and best practice.
To read more and find out how to apply, please visit the OneSubsea website here.