|Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invests in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
We assist our customers within the maritime industry to manage their risks in all phases of a ship's life, through ship classification and a range of technical business risk, environmental and competency-related services.
|Local Unit & Position Description
The offshore equipment and diving section is currently experiencing a high demand for its services and we wish to strengthen our diving group with a Project Manager who can handle project management for Diving projects and assist the group leader with other technical and administrative tasks. We are looking for an engineer who can contribute to maintaining and help develop our services within the diving segment, but future tasks may also include project management work related to Offshore Equipment.
The section currently employs 19 motivated and qualified engineers, with a good blend of long and short working experience. We are located at DNVs main office outside Oslo. Our unit is responsible for design review of offshore mooring and loading/production systems, jacking systems, process equipment, diving systems, containers and cargo securing. The section is also actively engaged in rule development and contributes to marketing and pre-contract activities within the offshore and diving segment.
The diving group consists of four members today and is responsible for approval of diving systems. We perform approval of the diving system, have extensive customer contact and give necessary support to Vessels in Operation. We cooperate closely with other sections and departments in DNV, forming multidisciplinary teams.
The position offers great opportunity for development within Project Management related to Class projects. The candidate may choose to develop within Project Management for diving and/or Offshore Equipment, but may also choose to get training towards becoming a technical expert within Diving Systems. The candidate will gain technical and personal development by working with challenging projects related to diving projects within the frames of Class Systematics. Necessary training will be given through courses and on the job training/tutoring.
- Project management related to diving systems & offshore equipment
- Coordination between different disciplines
- Contact with customers (internal and external)
- CMC coordination
- Coordinate work within the Diving Group
- Possibility to develop technical within the Diving Segment
- Possibility to develop skills within PM work
- Sales and Marketing
- Enjoy working in an international environment
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Self-propelled and able to work independently
- Service-minded and desire to work with problem solving for our clients
- Good communication and writing skills
- Minimum B.Sc.
- Experience within DNV systematics and VQSC in NPS will be desired.
- Multidisciplinary understanding
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience within DNV
- Good command of the English language
- Unique competence development opportunities
- Interesting and challenging work tasks
- Flexible working conditions
- Great colleagues
- Competitive local terms/conditions
- 6 weeks annual holiday
- Good insurance policies and welfare benefits
- Free shuttle buses and parking
- Free sports club and exercise possibilities
If you would like to read more and find out how to apply, please visit DNV's website here.