|Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invests in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry. We enable safe, reliable and enhanced performance in projects and operations.
We provide consistent, integrated services within technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management advisory and offshore classification.
Together with our partners, we drive the industry forwards by developing best practices and standards.
Our people combine industry expertise, multi-disciplinary skills and innovation to solve complex challenges for our customers.
|Local Unit & Position Description
The offshore equipment and diving section is currently experiencing a high demand for its services and we wish to strengthen our mooring team with a qualified and motivated mooring engineer. We are looking for a senior engineer who can contribute to maintain and help develop our services within the mooring segment.
The section currently employs 19 motivated and qualified engineers, with a good blend of long and short working experience. We are located at DNV GLs main office outside Oslo. Our unit is responsible for design review of offshore mooring and loading/production systems, jacking systems, process equipment, diving systems, containers and cargo securing. The section is also actively engaged in rule development and contributes to marketing and pre-contract activities within the offshore segment.
The section delivers structural and mechanical design verification, coordination of process equipment modules certification and technical support services to clients both locally and internationally. We cooperate closely with other sections and departments in DNV GL, forming multidisciplinary teams.
The position offers great opportunity for technical and personal development by working with challenging projects related to mooring of mobile offshore units such as production, storage and drilling units. Necessary training will be given through mandatory courses and on the job training/tutoring.
- Verification of mechanical equipment related to mooring systems
- Approval of complex components
- Project management related to mooring systems
- Provide technical assistance to customers
- Rule development
- Sales and Marketing
- M.Sc. within mechanical engineering, structural engineering
- Experience within mooring systems
- Experience within structural engineering
- Multidisciplinary understanding
- Minimum 5 years of working experience
- Good command of the English language
- Enjoy working in an international environment
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Self-propelled and able to work independently
- Service-minded and desire to work with problem solving for our clients
- Good communication and writing skills
- Unique competence development opportunities
- Interesting and challenging work tasks
- Flexible working conditions
- Great colleagues
- Competitive local terms/conditions
- 6 weeks annual holiday
- Good insurance policies and welfare benefits
- Free shuttle buses and parking
If you would like to read more and find out how to apply, please visit DNV's website.