Statoil is an international energy company with operations in 35 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
The drilling and well technology network in Statoil has more than 1,200 employees and includes engineers, specialists and managers. Statoil is currently running approximately 45 drilling and well operations daily from platform and subsea installations. Graduates in Statoil will have a steep learning curve and you are expected to develop an overall understanding of our activities and business challenges. For more information about the graduate programme, please visit the drilling and well page: www.statoil.com/en/careers/graduates/processareas.
Like to be one of us?
Like to be one of us? Statoil is always looking to attract the best and most qualified talents. Our graduate programme is aimed at applicants who have recently graduated from a Master’s or PhD degree. The programme accelerates the learning and development of new employees and supports our international ambitions.
- Engineering/planning of drilling and/or well operations Follow-up of drilling and well operations, including offshore work
- Final year of MSc or PhD studies in petroleum technology, subsea technology, mechanical engineering, physics or mathematics
- Excellent results from relevant MSc
- International experience is preferred (lived, studied, and/or worked abroad)
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Additional languages are an advantage (If applicable Statoil requires candidates to learn Norwegian
- No more than one year of relevant work experience after graduation
- Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language).Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point
- Analytical and strategic mind-set
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High ethical standards
- Contribute to a good working environment
- International mindset and the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Mobility with regard to work location
- Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and credit marks obtained so far
Please indicate your professional strengths and preferred area of location in your application.
Your exact assignment will be decided on the basis of your field of expertise, your interests and our business needs.
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process
Please note that due to Statoil ASA attraction activities the application deadline will be as follow:
Norwegian universities - 25 September 2013
All other universities - 10 December 2013
To read more, please visit Statoil.com