Geoscientist and ready for an exciting opportunity?
As a member of our Services group you will have the opportunity to learn and use the most up-to-date techniques within 3D modelling and simulation to assist oil companies to understand and optimize their reservoirs. In the role as Geoscientist/Senior Geoscientist at Roxar you will be supported by our software development department that creates state-of-the-art modelling and simulation tools used by our clients. The close contact with our customers and their needs will enable you to provide valuable feedback to the development department for improving our products. Roxar is a global company, constantly in need of Geoscientists who want interesting and challenging career where you can make a difference! Roxar is currently seeking to increase our enthusiastic staff of a Geoscientist or a Senior Geoscientist based in Stavanger, Norway.
Responsibilities will include:
- Onsite support at clients office, helping the client to benefit from our software
- Undertake consultancy projects at client offices or in-house
- Mentor colleagues and clients to ensure better quality of modelling work
- Perform QC of modelling projects
- Train clients on RMS software products and updates
- Prepare training materials for standard and customized courses
- Represent Roxar at sales and technical meetings
- Be familiar with modern techniques and work processes for reservoir modelling
- Build client understanding and analyse client requirements for reservoir modelling tools
- Plan and manage future development of our products, and co-operate with our Product Development dept
- Design and steer development projects
In Roxar you will find a multi-disciplinary environment with exciting opportunities for both recent graduates as well as experienced candidates. We are now looking for a Geoscientist that want to work in teams with highly skilled and motivated colleagues.
- Relevant Master’s Degree
- Min. 2 years experience in one or more of the fields; structural geology, sedimentology/property modelling, geostatistics or simulation and reservoir engineering
- Experience with or interest in the use of reservoir modelling tools or geological software applications
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients
- Fluent written and spoken English
Roxar is renowned for its great working environment. We are large enough to provide you with broad professional support, yet small enough for your performance to make a difference.
- A challenging position with skilled and experienced colleagues working in teams
- Great personal development and career opportunities in an international environment
- A possible career in exotic locations abroad
- Competitive terms and conditions
- The opportunity to make a positive impact in our growing company
Roxar has a challenging environment where people can learn, experiment and grow. Roxar is also an international company with a network of offices in all the major oil and gas producing countries in the world. Roxar’s international status gives you, which are interested in international career great opportunities! Check out some videos of our products on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/roxarsoftware?feature=watch
Screening and Interview process will start continuously during the application period or by middle of November.
It’s all about opportunities!