GC Rieber Shipping currently owns 12 and manages another 6 advanced, multifunctional special purpose vessels for defined markets within the subsea, ice/support and marine seismic segments. GC Rieber Shipping also owns 65 % of Armada Seismic, which owns one high-capacity seismic vessel and has one new-building with estimated completion in the first quarter 2012. The company has its registered office and headquarter in Bergen with ship management companies in Sevenoaks (UK), Singapore and Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Russia), which provides international presence. The company is listed on Oslo Børs with ticker RISH. Further information is available on the company’s website www.gcrieber-shipping.no
The Areas of Responsibilities
• Holds the overall responsibility for all operations in Bergen and at the company’s sites in the UK and Russia.
• Responsible for the execution of all operational activities towards Norwegian and international clients, ensuring high level of customer satisfaction and QHSE standard across our fleet.
• The COO will be instrumental in developing and implementing the company’s strategy together with the CEO and the management group
• The position is overall responsible of all operative personnel onshore and offshore.
• We seek a candidate with a proven record in similar managerial roles and with a higher technical degree. Other formal training within leadership and project management would also be beneficial.
• Shipping background from technical disciplines, preferably also from offshore related activities.
• Leadership skills and the ability to engage, motivate and develop the organization will be essential in the position.