Principal Engineer – Structural
Don’t lock your creative mind into a box!
As a Principal Engineer – Structural in Imenco you will be challenged and involved in projects at all stages of the life cycle. You will advise the department manager on new developments, suppliers, competition, practices and technology related to all engineering work, provide engineering and technical expertise to Imenco in regards to product and field service applications ensuring maximum product performance and reliability for the customer
It is expected that you provide engineering leadership expertise to all engineering functions and participate to facilitate consistency of engineering practices and coordination ensuring that all engineering work is in accordance with the Imenco QA system.
You will ensure that the design of all engineered products adheres to the highest standards of quality and reliability within industry, company, governmental and customer specifications and requirements. You will be a key member of any development, supporting with evaluations and recommending engineering practices and standards, including code requirements and development of appropriate analysis and test protocols.
In Imenco you will find a company that challenges and excites you to new extremes.
Imenco is a dynamic and solution based company with long ties to the Haugesund region. Its Projects range from deep sea structures to storage system robotics.
With Special Engineering competences contributing to more than 50% of Imenco’s 90 highly skilled personnel, it is clear to see where our focus lies. Be part of something new.
Ensure the overall performance of the Engineering Team including knowledge transfer, planning, execution, prioritization and implementation of improvement projects together with the department manager. Provide technical guidance and expertise to ensure that internal and external customers receive delivery on time with conforming, quality and safe products that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Proactively work to standardize engineering routines across Imenco, including establishment and maintenance of procedures.
- Participate in product standardization projects, engineered solution projects and product design innovation.
- Design products and solutions in accordance with the engineering procedures, customer requirements and applicable codes.
- Lead within engineering calculations and verifications for structure design.
- Follows-up of manufacturing and QC activities for engineered solutions.
- Actively lead with the resolution of non-conformities.
- Participate as technical expertise on site when required.
- Perform construction and assembly of products and engineered solutions when necessary.
- Engineering master degree or equivalent, with minimum 10 years’ experience in engineering, including at senior level,
- Highly structured work attitude with a high degree of client focus
- Abilities to work in and lead a team as well as to take initiatives independently
- Knowledge of CE marking, DNV and Norsok Standards relating to marine operations and lifting regulations
- Expert with structural calculations and verifications
- Stress resilient and able to multitask
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Good communication skills in English
- IT literate, experience of CAD/PDM system as well as STAAD / SAP2000 and AnSYS
Location / Reports To:
Haugesund (Risøy) / Head of Engineering & Development
- Competitive salary, with the opportunity to build your career through working in projects
- Innovative working environment with experienced engineers
- Dynamic department attitude where development and ideas are focused on
For more information contact John.Karl.Boyce@imenco.com (Head of Engineering & Development)
Send your application, with CV, to email@example.com
Smart people make smart choices.