Job description / Scope of responsibilities:
Responsible for design of lifting, guiding & handling equipment`s / solutions
Short description of business activity :
- Team leader technical
- Develop new products and contribute to further development of existing products
- Produce concepts, drawings, assemblies and parts
- Design calculations by hand and by use of FEM tools in order to verify strength of equipment / components and similar, and making verification reports for project and class approval.
- Assist sales engineer and production manager when needed
- Gleipnir AS is a company specializes within design, engineering and production of high quality lifting, guiding and handling equipment / solutions for use within Offshore and Marine industry.
- Gleipnir designs innovative equipment which is tailored to the exact needs of today's and tomorrows demands.
- Gleipnir AS has over 2 decades experience with design of lifting, guiding, and handling equipment. We design for our customers equipment and complete systems for handling of wire, cable, and rope at any scale. This can be anything from a block system consisting out of custom and standard products for a utility winch, an entire lead block system for riser pull inn, or just 1 custom lifting block, Subsea hook etc. Our long experience has resulted in simple design solutions with high functionality and reliability which are perfectly fit for the use in a marine and offshore environment.
Education: - Bachelor / Master education in Mechanical Engineering
- Min. 5 year`s experience of design of machinery / structures (e.g. Offshore, Automotive, Heavy Machinery, Lifting & Handling equipment, Train, Maritime industry, etc.)
- Have knowledge of bolted and welded joints
- Have work experiences with International Standards such as Euro code or equivalents
- Have thorough understanding of component and assembly drawing and set up
- Good understanding of Geometrical tolerances and fits
- Understanding of Structural Strength manual calculations / FEM
- Have some experiences with 3D AutoCAD system and FEA software
- Team-player and solution oriented
Norwegian - very good
English - very good
Other relevant requirements:
- Be strong in Structural and Strength manual calculations.
- Very good English, both in writing and speaking.
- Good analytic and problem solving skills
- A team player
Type of contract:
(employment contract, commission only, voluntary service, practice/training/ apprenticeship, distance work, temporary agency work, other) Employer contract
Starting date: November 2013
HOW TO APPLY
(covering letter, CV, application form, etc.) CV
Language of the documents that should be submitted: Norwegian or English
Whom documents should be sent to:
(Employer / EURES adviser) Employer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Where documents should be sent:
(postal address, email address, fax number with country code, etc.) email@example.com