Postdoctoral fellow in research on multiple myeloma Jobbnorge ID: 97388
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine aims at carrying out high quality research, supervision and teaching for better health. The department has a central role in teaching and supervision of medical students, as well as master- and ph.d-students in molecular medicine. K. G. Jebsen Center for Myeloma Research
was established in March 2012 with funding from The Kristian Gerhard Jebsen Foundation, the Norwegian University of Scinece and Technology (NTNU), St. Olavs Hospital and the The Norwegian Cancer Society. The K. G. Jebsen Center for Myeloma Research aims to identify biological subgroups of the disease, thereby facilitating more individual treatments of patients.
The research in the Center is oriented towards techniques for better classification of multiple myeloma based on the properties of the primary myeloma cells as well as the basic mechanisms behind survival of myeloma cells and for the bone disease of multiple myeloma. The projects will apply a specter of modern cell and molecular biology techniques. For more information on the research activities, see: http://www.ntnu.edu/myeloma
The postdoctoral position will be for 2 years. For the postdoc position you must have
Emphasis for the position will be placed on
- a PhD in a relevant area such as cell biology, biochemistry, immunology or medicine.
- a background in genotyping human cells applying techniques such as for example FISH (Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization), CGH (Comparative Genomic Hybridization), DNA sequencing, a strong general background in molecular biology, or in immunohistochemistry
- a strong and relevant publication record
- the candidate's motivation for the position
- documented ability to work independently and as a team member
- that the applicant is highly competent, flexible and an ambitious person
- the ability to communicate and give oral and written presentations in English and be willing to learn Norwegain
The candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written English. Candidates from non-English speaking countries outside the Nordic countries must provide official documentation of their English competence. Approved tests are TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). The following results are required:
- TOEFL: 600 / writing 4.5 (paper-based test), 92 / writing 22 (internet- based test)
- IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CAE/CPE: grade B or A.
NTNU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from both EU/EEA and non-EU countries. The university is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from members of ethnic minorities.
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Postdoctoral fellows at the Faculty of Medicine will be remunerated at wage code 1352 - levels 57 to 77 on the Norwegian State salary scale, with gross salary from NOK 473 400,- to NOK 696 600 ,- a year, of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund. Normal wage level is 57-62. A yearly amount for operating costs will be added.
For further information about the position, please contact: Professor Anders Sundan (email@example.com) How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via this page, jobbnorge.no, and to attach all relevant documents, see list below.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree:http://ec.europa.eu/education/policies/rec_qual/recognition/diploma_en.html
The candidate's motivation, skills and personal qualifications for the position should be described in the application letter. The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicant's CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas)
- Short statement from a former supervisor/tutor/teacher
- Contact information for two references (including email addresses and telephone number)
- Other relevant information
The vacancy has ID number DMF 126-13 Deadline for applications: 31 October 2013
For information concerning the application process, please contact HR-advisor Liv Unhjem firstname.lastname@example.org
Se annonsen og søk på stillingen www.jobbnorge.no