Opera Software is focused in providing the best internet experience, regardless of platform. The Business Development /Product Partnership team develops partnerships with key internet and content companies to enhance Opera's products, reach and monetization across desktop and mobile.
As a Technical Partner Manager, you will play a key role in managing and developing some of Opera's key partnerships. The Business Development/Product Partnership team manages Opera's most strategic relationships to enable and/or support the development of new initiatives in cooperation with Product Development, partners and other internal commercial teams. You will work side by side with the Business Development and Product Development teams to implement and follow up on partnerships that support and/or enhance the product and revenue goals of the Consumer Browser business unit.
The products managed by the Business Development/Product Partnership team include all of Opera's mobile and desktop browsers and Discover, our recommendation engine.
External relationships: Internet portals and search engine, media companies and groups, social networks, e-commerce companies and other tier-1 internet companies or software developers.
Internal relationships: Business Development/Product Partnerships team, Directors, Advertising sales group, Senior Management, local Sales and Business Development teams, Product Development team, Finance and Legal.
- Analyze and optimize the revenue flow of existing partners, and advise on technical/product implementation improvements that would enhance the value of the partnership.
- Identify technical/product requirements from partners and work with the Product Development team to implement such requirements.
- Assist the Business Development managers in pre-sales activities by presenting product demos and reviewing technical terms in contracts.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of a partner's integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.
- Manage the technical/product implementation relationship with key partners.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field or 4 years' relevant work experience
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- 5 years of hands-on experience in internet products and technologies
- Flexibility for frequent traveling
Ideal job requirements
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Proven ability to adapt presentations to an audience's technical level and comfort with presenting technical material to large groups
For immediate consideration, please apply online.