Roxar is currently seeking people for its Downhole department in Stavanger. Roxar's Downhole department provides sophisticated and reliable reservoir monitoring solutions for Oil and Gas Operators. We have been installing permanent downhole monitoring systems since 1987, and are continuously developing existing and new downhole instrumentation to better serve the needs of our customers.
This is a great opportunity for someone with product development experience in fiber optical solutions to move into a more commercial role.
The Advisor Fiber Optical Systems will work in close co-operation with the Product Manager and work with people and teams within various business areas, such as technology, contract development, production and international sales, while focusing on product application development.
Other activities to include:
* Obtain and maintain market intelligence about technologies, products, solutions, customers, competitors, and governmental bodies.
* Actively seek, suggest and implement new opportunities and means for enhancing the company profile and business mission, both internally and externally Initiate marketing campaigns, from advertising through trade shows to own direct presentations, in close co-operation with the VP Sales and the regional sales force.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining a product roadmap i.e. a minimum 5 year plan for the improvement and development of fiber optical products together with Product Manager.
* Act as the interface between the global market and the technological resources to ensure that requirements and improvements are known and understood.
* Co-operate closely with Commercial Managers, VP Sales and Corporate functions, developing and maintaining marketing material for internet web pages, company intranet, advertising, trade shows etc. and for the purpose of sharing market intelligence and coordinating activities.
Requirements:Bachelor or Masters degree in a relevant technical or commercial discipline. Lack of formal education may be substituted with relevant experience and track record.
The position requires a proven track record, preferably from the upstream oil and gas industry, in terms of planning, organising and conducting marketing, market development and sales, particularly within companies responsible for developing and commercialising fiber optical technologies and products.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both written and oral
* Excellent presentation skills
* The ability to understand market trends, opportunities and requirements, obtain market intelligence, define acquisition strategies and execution plans and skills to follow up such, and assess risk based on solid evaluation of each identified opportunity.
* English language spoken and written fluently
Roxar is renowned for its great working environment. We are large enough to provide you with broad professional support, yet small enough for your performance to make a difference. Roxar has a challenging environment where people can learn, experiment and grow.
Terje Baustad, tlf: 47 51818833
Online application form: [Click here]