Uni Research Ltd is a research company with 500 highly-qualified staff from 50 different nations. The company is organised in seven departments. Each department is led by a research director. Uni Research carries out research and development in the fields of health, modelling, marine molecular biology, the environment, climate, energy and social sciences.
The High-Performance Computing group Parallab at Uni Computing, Uni Research AS is seeking, on a permanent basis, a Scientific Programmer. Uni Computing is a department of Uni Research, the research company affiliated with the University of Bergen, Norway. The department operates the High Performance Computing facilities of the University of Bergen and carries out research and development in selected fields of computational sciences.
Parallab is concerned with the development, installation, implementation and maintenance of High Performance Computing facilities, BigData- and e-infrastructures.
The position is related to Advanced User Support, an activity supporting scientific users of the supercomputers with respect to porting, coding and performance optimization. The position will also be carrying out application-development within the area of BigData and data analysis.
The position will work closely with the rest of the team at Parallab.
- Enthusiasm and independence with good communication skills.
- Excellent programming skills in one or more of: C, C++, Fortran, Java
- Applied programming experience in scientific software
- Experience with MPI/OpenMP parallell programming. Experience with MapReduce related development is considered a plus.
- Willing to learn new programming languages, frameworks and paradigms as required by the task at hand.
- Familiarity and ease with Linux systems and basic scripting.
- Solution oriented and service-minded.
- Good knowledge of English, written and oral.
- Bachelor or college degree, or equivalent higher education. Extensive relevant experience may be considered in place of higher education.
We can offer:
- Stimulating and positive work environment.
- Opportunities for independent project development.
- Possibility to influence your own work, work-time and choice of solutions.
Women are especially encouraged to apply. Please send electronic application, CV with a detailed overview of educational achievements and previous practice, letter of motivation and contact information of two references by clicking on the button “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” on this page. For more information about Parallab and Uni Computing, please refer to http://computing.uni.no or contact Eirik Thorsnes at firstname.lastname@example.org. The evaluation of candidates will begin on October 28th 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.