Project Engineer for Dynamic Positioning Systems (KMC 13/052)
Dynamic positioning (DP) is a system which automatically maintains a vessel's position and heading by using its own propellers and thrusters. This allows operations at sea where mooring and anchoring are not feasible. Dynamic positioning may either be absolute in that the position is locked relative to a fixed point over the seabed, or relative to a moving object such as another vessel or an underwater vehicle. Dynamic positioning is frequently used in the offshore industry, e.g. the North Sea, Persian Gulf, Gulf of Mexico, West Africa, Southern part of Asia and off Brazil.
- Engineer (B.Sc./B.Eng., M.Sc./M.Eng.) in Cybernetics, Control Engineering, Marine, Electronics, Instrumentation, Computer Science, etc.
- Fluency in English required
- Some knowledge of C/C programming
- Extensive world-wide travel (about 120 travel days pr. year)
- Software commissioning on board vessels
- Software engineering in office
- Self driven
- Interest in working in a hectic, demanding international environment
- Focus on fulfilling customers needs and expectations
- Practical, hands-on approach to complex tasks
- Independent and able to think 'Outside the Box'
- Quality minded
- Positive, robust, tolerant and cooperative personality
- Informal and positive working environment
- Working with state of the art technology and products
- Competitive salary and conditions
- Excellent technical and personal challenges
- Highly qualified co-workers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
- Mentor during training period
Stefan Warlo Samuelsen, tlf: 47 32285271, mob: 47 95885271
Online application form: [Click here]