Building on a heritage of innovation and pioneering firsts, Nevion is a leader in media transport - from the camera to the home. A result of two Norwegian industry-leading companies - Nevion and T-VIPS - coming together in late 2012, Nevion's approach to innovation is driving the convergence of broadcast, IT and telecoms technologies.
Through long-term strategic relationships with partners and customers, Nevion delivers content for major sporting and live TV events worldwide. Some of the world's largest media networks are built on Nevion technologies - including AT&T, Arqiva, BBC, BT, CCTV, EBU, TDF, Telefonica, Telenor and NASA.
Nevion fully manages all network types - from legacy infrastructure upgrades to entirely new digital systems - with intelligence, automation and security built-in, helping customers monetize content, save resources, and open doors to new revenue streams.
At Nevion we develop cutting edge media transport solutions and we are looking for a talented and motivated Test Engineer to join our team.
As a Test Engineer at Nevion, you will join a team providing broadcasters and service providers around the globe with world-class products for media transport over any type of network. You will be working with the latest audio/video, networking and computing technologies.
In this role you'll be responsible for creating specific tests, preparing and validating release packages, debugging test failures, and interacting closely with developers to help create, maintain, and enhance our test infrastructure for multiple projects. Evolving automatic testing technics will be an important part of your role.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of test development, development skills and knowledge of broadcast and network technologies.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in communication systems
- Interest in data processing systems
- Strong interest in learning new technologies
- Experience in programming (scripting languages: Ruby or Python)
- Excellent in debugging and problem solving
- Strong in organization and documentation
- Detail-oriented and personally dedicated to excellence
- Be self-motivated and self-directed
- Enjoy working in a close-knit team
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of IP networking (Layer 2 and 3 networking, multicast, routing protocols)
- Knowledge of different broadcast technologies (MPEG, JPEG2000, transport streams, PSI/SI)
- Familiar with digital video and audio standards and respective processing
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) degree
- Graduates with excellent results are encouraged to apply
Send your resume, application and any further questions to email@example.com